RSS

Bus Conductor Working at a Call center in the Philippines

http://ticketslondon-online.biz/BusPictures/HireVehicles/WeddingExamples/Conductor.jpg

Working at a call center in the Philippines is not easy. There are many challenges that need to be met. There are also a lot of things that one needs to learn in order to pull through the usual work day. But after one gets through the day right, so many things can be learned. Here are just some thoughts that I would like to share as I go through the work week working at a call center in the Philippines.

There are times when getting up every morning has become more of a challenge everyday. It seems to me that the thought of going through all those customers that each had their problems about the service was such a headache. This was a very bad sign. I was losing interest in my work because it was just so repetitive. But I knew that all work is hard and that I was very lucky with having this good paying job that I could rely on. I keep reminding myself of how I got this job.

Before going to this call center in the Philippines, I was working as a bus conductor. In the Philippines, buses were manned by two people: the bus driver and the conductor. The conductor was the one who went from seat to seat collecting the passenger’s fares and handing out tickets. That’s the primitive bus system in our country and it’s been that way since before I was born because labor is cheap. My pay as a bus conductor is dirt cheap. Anyway, I was out of the job, and looking to apply to a bigger bus company when I got near a call center. They were having immediate hiring so I thought to myself “Why not give it a shot? You really don’t have anything to lose.” So I gave them my resume, I went to the initial screening and they told me to wait for their call. At home, I already forgot about the whole call center application because I was so sure that there was no chance in hell that a guy like me who works as a bus conductor would get hired in a call center in the Philippines. Then to my surprise, they actually called me and no here I am, working at a prestigious and high paying call center job.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1156/1014736041_e29147dccf.jpg

Remembering that gives me back the strength to wake up everyday and be cheerful as I answer the call of irate customers everyday. I must keep reminding myself that not everyone gets hired in a call center in the Philippines.

1 comments:

Taking You Forward said...

Call Center Philippines aim is to not just simply exceed your requirement, but to become partners to our clients’ business success.

Post a Comment